Here’s how the account works
- Sign up to the web app or download the mobile app.
- Complete a simple ID verification process that takes less than a minute.
- You get a Traditional Bank Account in your name, with an IBAN number or other account identifier.
- You access your account via both the web app and mobile app.
- You can top up this account by sending in funds by bank transfer or by card. i
- When the transfer is received, the funds are credited to your account.
- You now have the world’s first Traditional Bank Account that can be integrated with the digital world.
How does ID verification work?
You can open a traditional bank account in less than a minute, thanks to our cool technology and great partners.
Want to see how easy our ID verification sign up process is?
Check out this video and see for yourself how it is done.
What can I do with the account?
Here are some of the things you can do with your Traditional Bank Account:
- Make free, instant payments to anyone with a Fluid Traditional Bank Account or a Digital Bank Account (including to merchants).
- Make transfers to digital addresses on the blockchain, even if you don’t have a crypto wallet (coming soon).
- Spend money on debit cards through the Mastercard networks globally.
- Make transfers through the traditional banking system.
What can’t I do with the account?
You can’t access the digital world, nor spend digital cash on Fluid Cards.
To do this, you need to create a Fluid Account. It’s easy and free.
To create a Fluid Account, just enter your email address below.
Get started with the easiest account in the world. For free
Create an account in less than a minute. No commitment required.
Download the mobile super-app
Here’s how the cards work with the account
You can order cards from within the apps. The types of cards that are available depend on your country of residence, although all cards function globally on the Mastercard networks.
A virtual card is created automatically when you create your bank account. You can also order physical cards. Depending on your jurisdiction, you have the choice in the app of cards in USD, EUR and GBP.
Here’s how payments work with the account
You can make payments to anyone, anywhere in the world, that has a Fluid Account or a Traditional Bank Account.
And for free.
From your Traditional Bank Account, you can also make payments with our digital cash to anyone who has a blockchain address, even if you don’t have a Web3 wallet (coming soon).
And at very low cost, depending on the chain.
See transaction timing and costs in the apps.
Of course, you can also simply mint your own digital cash from your Traditional Bank Account to a Web3 wallet and then send digital cash to a blockchain address yourself, if you want.
Traditional banking payments
From your Traditional Bank Account, you can make payments using the traditional banking system.
We support SWIFT and local payments in more than 180 countries, from your Traditional Bank Account. See details in the apps.
- Faster Payments
- EFT (Canada)
- CHATS (Hong Kong)
- IMPS (India)
- NEFT (India)
- SKN (Indonesia)
- RIX (Sweden)
- FAST (Singapore)
- IBG (Malaysia)
- NICS (Norway)
Here’s how to connect the account to your Web3 wallet (if you have one)
- Log in to the web app or the mobile app.
- Connect your Web3 wallet (and then make sure you are on the Arbitrum network).
- That’s it. You now have the world’s first traditional bank account connected to a Web3 wallet.
Check out our video here showing how easy it is to connect to crypto.
Want to know what real people think about Traditional Bank Accounts?
Fluid isn’t really a company. It is more of a movement.
We are built by our community, driven by what our community wants.
Many in our core team first started as investors and were active in the community before leaving their other jobs to join us.
There are thousands of people from all over the world working on building a better banking model.
You can read what they think about Traditional Bank Accounts, how they work, what could be improved, and what features we should build in the future. Check out their raw feedback: